Have you ever paid your taxes online ?
If you've paid your property tax online before, you'll find it in the new Bratislava Account this year. No need for you to repeat the registration process - just activate your account by verifying your email and creating a password.
Pay in secondsPay your tax anywhere via QR code, payment gateway, Apple Pay or Google Pay.
Overview of the tax in the AccountA safe place to find detailed information about the property tax you pay.
You won't be at risk of forgetting anything importantNo more sticky notes on the fridge. We will send you a reminder of upcoming tax payment deadlines.
No need to go to the post officeActivate your account by 19 April and pay the full tax amount by 12 May and save yourself a trip to the post office.
How to proceed?
- 1Create your Bratislava Account where you can find the online property tax payment and, gradually, other services provided by the city or city organisations. Ideally, this step is to be done by 19 April 2023.
- 2We'll let you know when your tax is ready. We will be sending out property tax decisions from 20 April. When you have yours in your Account, we will send you an email.
- 3Tax details in the new Bratislava Account. After logging in to your Bratislava Account, you will see detailed information about your property tax.
- 4Fast and easy payment. You can pay your tax via QR code, payment gateway, Apple Pay or Google Pay. If you activate your account by 19 April 2023 and pay the full tax amount by 12 May 2023, you don't need to go to the post office for your tax decision or use an electronic mailbox.
- 5Share your experience with us. We want to create a user-friendly service. Help us by providing feedback. Thank you.
Magistrát hlavného mesta SR Bratislavy Oddelenie miestnych daní, poplatkov a licencií Blagoevova 9 850 05 Bratislava
Frequently asked questions
For all taxpayers (individuals - non-entrepreneurs) who own property in Bratislava. For us, a taxpayer is any resident who has filed a tax return.
The information we provide in the Bratislava Account is subject to tax confidentiality and can only be disclosed to the taxpayer, i.e. the person who filed the property tax return.
If the taxpayer provides you with the payment information they have received through our digital tax payment service, you can pay the tax for them using a QR code. For example, via your preferred bank's mobile app.
Our goal is to make city services simpler and more convenient. In 2021, we launched a pilot tax payment for a closed group of residents. Based on their feedback and positive experience, we decided to make this option available to all Bratislava residents. Now you can pay your property tax digitally, quickly and from any location.
The personal identification number is mandatory information on the property tax return. It is also a unique identifier of the taxpayer in our system.
By signing up for a Bratislava Account by 19 April 2023, and paying the full amount of tax online by 12 May 2023.
Each year, we calculate property taxes for up to 210,000 taxpayers. We will start delivering the prepared decisions from 20 April. When your property tax is ready, we will send you an email notification.
This situation could possibly have occurred for three reasons.
- Your property is probably co-owned:
- In the event of community ownership, the property tax decision is delivered to the person who filed the tax return.
- In cases of co-ownership, the property tax decision is delivered to the person (the representative of the co-owners) who filed the tax return.
- Your tax return is still pending, which means we don't know about you yet. Up to 25,000 tax returns are filed in a single tax year and are processed over time. Please check your account later.
- You might not have filed a property tax return. More information can be found at https://bratislava.sk/mesto-bratislava/dane-a-poplatky/dan-z-nehnutelnosti
We will distribute the decisions from 20 April onwards. We will send you a notification by email once your property tax is ready. You can also pay by email, which will be sent to you that day.
We offer the payment methods that are most frequently used in the private sector. If you have a suggestion to add specific payment methods, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
Open your preferred bank's mobile app when paying by QR code. Find the option to scan the QR code and scan it in the app. All the necessary information for a successful tax payment will be preselected once the code is scanned. Then all you have to do is confirm the payment and submit.
You can readily change these details in your Bratislava Account under My Profile.
Open the mobile app of your preferred bank to pay the tax in instalments using a QR code. Find the option to scan the QR code in the app and scan the code. All the necessary information for a successful tax payment will be pre-selected once scanned. However, you need to alter the original amount to the amount of the instalment you wish to pay. Then you just need to confirm and submit the payment.
We guarantee not to send decisions only if the following conditions are met: (1) registration in the Bratislava Account by 19 April 2023 and (2) online payment of the full tax amount by 12 May 2023.
Our goal is to make the city’s services simpler and more convenient. The online property tax payment project is a proactive service of the city. It has been under continuous improvement since 2021.
Based on feedback from more than 1,500 taxpayers in 2022, we have decided not to send property tax decisions by mail or in electronic mailbox in 2023 to those taxpayers who register by 19 April 2023 in the Bratislava Account and pay the full amount of the tax by 12 May. This will enable us to save on mailing costs and give you faster access to payment.
You can find your property tax decision in the Bratislava Account in the Taxes and Fees section. You can also download it in PDF format.
Online payment is voluntary. You can still choose to receive your decision by registered mail or in your electronic mailbox, as you used to in other years.
You can give feedback once you have paid your tax using the questionnaire. You can then be contacted for a detailed chat by the Innovation and Digital Services team.