The Old Town Micro-Zone
We are launching the Old Town micro-zone. Please apply for a parking card (iPermit) ↗︎.
Bratislava is continuing in its efforts to provide the best possible parking for its residents. We are aware that parking in the Old Town is a very specific problem, so we are working to improve the conditions of available parking. Klobučnícka Street in the Old Town has recently undergone a change and has become a functional urban public space with greenery, space for pedestrians and bicycle racks, garbage bins and bollards – all with the aim of discouraging the parking of non-resident vehicles. To make it even more regulated, the city launched the Old Town micro-zone in March 2022, which in its first phase encompasses Klobučnícka, Uršulínska and Nedbalova Streets.
Residents of Klobučnícka, Uršulínska and Nedbalova Streets as well as Františkánske and Hlavné (Main) Squares (Zelená 1) and Sedlárska and Laurinská Streets can park in the zone with a parking permit. This is upon the basis of an iPermit parking card which residents can apply for.
Available parking spaces
Klobučnícka street - 21 parking spaces 24/7 + 3 for people with disabilities
Nedbalova street - 2 parking spaces (school visitors during the day) on working days from 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. Saturdays and public holidays: 24 hours a day + zigzag short stops
Uršulínska street - 11 parking spaces on working days from 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. Saturdays and public holidays: 24 hours a day + 1 for people with disabilities
In order to regulate parking in the micro-zone, parking sensors will be installed on the streets to monitor parking permits. You can only park there with a valid electronic card (iPermit) which needs to be left in the vehicle. Thanks to the sensors, it will be possible to check the current occupancy status of parking spaces online.
How it works
How to get a parking card in the Old Town micro-zone
- Residents of Klobučnícka, Uršulínska, and Nedbalova Streets as well as Františkánske and Hlavné (Main) Squares (Zelená 1) and Sedlárska and Laurinská Streets can apply for a parking card
- Applications can be found at the contact office at Bratislava City Hall (Primaciálne námestie 1), or you can download it ↗︎
- In addition to an identity card (either a scan or the original document), you will need a vehicle registration certificate or vehicle registration certificate part II (scan/copy) and, in the case of company vehicles, also a document proving the private use of the vehicle (a scan or copy). Template ↗︎
- Then the application must be brought in person to the filing office of Bratislava City Hall or sent by post to Bratislava City Hall – Parking Department.
- Residents whose application is approved can then sign the contract, pay a deposit of €50 (in cash or by credit card) and then collect their parking card (iPermit) at the contact office at Bratislava City Hall (Primaciálne námestie 1). You will be asked to present your ID when collecting the card. Please also provide your account number (IBAN), which will be used to refund the deposit in the event of the iPermit card being returned.
- Signed contracts will be checked every two months by the Municipal Parking System, so if there is a change in any of the facts listed in the resident's contract (e.g. a change of residence), residents are obliged to report these changes to the city. Otherwise, the iPermit may be deactivated. (In such cases, the deposit will be forfeited.)
- Card Application22. 06. 2022 • DOCX • 33 kBDownload
- Mayor's Decision 7/202222. 06. 2022 • PDF • 51.7 kBDownload
- Parking Map in the Microzone22. 06. 2022 • PNG • 85.3 kBDownload